Fairtax is an industry leader in obtaining government funding in Canada. Our dedicated team of Funding Specialists understands the intricacies of government grant and incentive programs, optimally positioning your organization to secure government funding. We cut through the confusion, uncovering the specific financial resources that allow you to focus on growing through innovation, training employees, and taking your operations to the next level.
Workplace Innovation and Productivity Skills Incentive
The Workplace Innovation and Productivity Skills Incentive (WIPSI) provides eligible employers with a funding incentive to invest in employee skills through workforce training to: improve productivity, increase innovation, support the introduction of new technology/machinery/equipment/work processes, increase inter-provincial and international competitiveness, and to foster workplace diversity.
Organizations with less than 50 employees: Up to 100% of eligible training costs to a maximum of $10,000 per trainee
Organizations with more than 50 employees: Up to 50% of eligible training costs to a maximum of $10,000 per trainee
Program is pen and accepting applications
- Located in Nova Scotia
- Registered and active in the Nova Scotia Registry of Joint Stock Companies or incorporated by an Act of the Nova Scotia Legislature
- Over one calendar year into operations
- Generating directly or representing businesses (e.g. Sector councils) that have at least thirty percent (30%) of revenues from commercial activity*
- Producing a minimum of $25,000 in wages or owner remuneration
- Not solely generating profit from wholesale, retail, and accommodations and foodservices (e.g. businesses that manufacture and sell products)?
*Exceptions may be made if your sector has a strategic value for NS. This is determined on a case-by-case basis. See WIPSI guidelines for more details on eligible sectors.
Eligible Training Programs
- Information technology
- Training on new equipment
- Technical training
- Workflow systems and processes
- Any training that will benefit your business or organization and that are not typically funded through other government programs
Ineligible Training Programs
- Mandatory training
- Internal training
- Conference participation fees
- Administrative fees for hosting a conference
- Consulting or coaching services
- Training outside of NS that has comparable outcomes to training offered in the Province