Women Entrepreneurship Fund
The Government of Canada is committed to advancing gender equality, women’s economic empowerment, and supporting women entrepreneurs through the new Women Entrepreneurship Strategy, announced in Budget 2018. As part of the strategy, the Government has made funding available to women-owned and/or women-led businesses to support them to grow and pursue market opportunities abroad. The fund aims to assist women entrepreneurs to grow their existing businesses and enable them to pursue opportunities in domestic and global markets.
Up to 80% of eligible costs to maximum of $100,000.
The project must focus on activities for business scale-up and/or pursuit of new market opportunities. Projects must be up to 12 months in length.
Each of the following requirements must be met for projects to be considered for funding:
- Have a reasonable expectation of economic viability
- Demonstrate economic benefits (e.g. number of jobs created or maintained by the project, impact on productivity, project-related revenue growth)
- Apply a portion of funding to access advisory services to ensure long-term success or demonstrate existing capacity
- Submit a 12-month work plan and budget, and
- Meet the minimum cost sharing/leveraging requirement
November 15, 2018