Fairtax is an industry leader in obtaining government funding in Canada. Our dedicated team of Funding Specialists understands the intricacies of government grant and incentive programs, optimally positioning your organization to secure government funding. We cut through the confusion, uncovering the specific financial resources that allow you to focus on growing through innovation, training employees, and taking your operations to the next level.
Green Municipal Fund (GMF)
The Green Municipal Fund (GMF) is a unique program that provides funding and knowledge services to support sustainable community development. GMF-supported initiatives aim to improve air, water, and soil, and mitigate the impacts of climate change.
Up to 50% of eligible expenditures to a maximum grant of $500,000 is available with additional low interest loan funding of up to 15% of costs to a maximum $1,500,000 total allotment.
Letters of intent are due by August 1, 2019.
Application deadline is October 1, 2019.
Funding is allocated in the following focus areas:
- Sustainable neighborhood and brownfield action plans
- Energy efficiency and recovery
- Transportation and fuel efficiency
- Water quality and conservation
- Waste management and diversion
The following initiatives are new to the program in response to the 2019 federal budget:
- Make affordable and social housing units more energy efficient;
- Support home energy projects to make homes more affordable and energy efficient;
- Support activities that reduce greenhouse gas emissions from large community buildings.