Fairtax is an industry leader in obtaining government funding in Canada. Our dedicated team of Funding Specialists understands the intricacies of government grant and incentive programs, optimally positioning your organization to secure government funding. We cut through the confusion, uncovering the specific financial resources that allow you to focus on growing through innovation, training employees, and taking your operations to the next level.
Forest Sector Investment and Innovation Grant Program
Overview – Forest Sector Investment and Innovation Program
The Forest Sector Investment and Innovation Program (FSIIP) provides funding for strategic investments in the forest sector that:
- Improve productivity and innovation
- Enhance competitiveness
- Support new market access
- Provide benefits to Ontario’s broader forest sector
- Strengthen regional economies
Eligible Business Projects:
Support is available for projects with at least $3 million in eligible costs undertaken by for-profit manufacturers and processors of wood and forest biomass across Ontario, including:
- Saw mills
- Pulp and paper mills
- Secondary wood manufacturers
- Bio-economy projects
Harvesting and resource extraction projects are not eligible for funding.
- Up to 30% of eligible costs to a maximum of $3,000,000.
- You can receive funding support of up to 30% of eligible costs in the form of a performance-based loan (of which, up to 50% may be forgivable).
- Grants of up to 15% of eligible costs may be considered in exceptional situations at the discretion of the province.
The deadline of the next intake round of the program is:
March 20, 2020.