Energy Savings for Agri-Processors – Large Projects Program (ESAP)
The Energy Savings for Agri-Processors (ESAP) – Large Projects Program provides funding to Agri-Processors operating in Alberta who are making significant, transformational investments in energy efficiency technology and systems. The Program targets projects that reduce energy consumption or lower greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions through large scale adoption, adaptation or transformation of practices or processes.
This Program supports eligible expenses up to a maximum of $3,000,000 over the Program term and a maximum of $1,000,000 per fiscal year.
The Project spend must be greater than $500,000. Eligible Expenses incurred under the Program shall be cost-shared as follows:
- The first $500,000 of eligible expenses incurred by an applicant under the Program shall be cost-shared at 50% grant; 50% applicant
- Any eligible expenses incurred by an applicant under the Program beyond $500,000 shall be cost-shared at 20% grant; 80% applicant
Continuous intake. Program is open and accepting applications.
To be eligible to apply to the Program, an entity must be an Agri-Processor
Activities under the Program must be directly related to the reduction in energy usage and/or carbon emissions in the Applicant’s agri-processing operation. The following activities must be included in all Letters of Intent, and any resulting Applications:
- activities required to adopt, adapt, install or evaluate energy efficient and/or carbon emission reducing technology equipment), practices or processes in the Applicant’s agri-processing operation
- activities associated with the monitoring and reporting on the effectiveness of adopted energy efficient and/or carbon emission reducing technologies (equipment), processes, or practices in the Applicant’s agri-processing operation
- the cost of equipment to be used for the adaptation, adoption and implementation of energy efficient and/or carbon reduction technologies, processes, or practices, including shipping, installation, and modification costs for equipment directly related to the Project
- engineering expenses for the adaptation, adoption and implementation of energy efficient and/or carbon reduction technologies, processes or practices
- costs associated with the monitoring, reporting and evaluation of energy efficiency and/or carbon reduction technology, processes or practices
- any other expense directly related to the reduction in energy