Fairtax is an industry leader in obtaining government funding in Canada. Our dedicated team of Funding Specialists understands the intricacies of government grant and incentive programs, optimally positioning your organization to secure government funding. We cut through the confusion, uncovering the specific financial resources that allow you to focus on growing through innovation, training employees, and taking your operations to the next level.
Dairy Processing Investment Fund (DPIF)
The Dairy Processing Investment Fund was established to provide funding to dairy processors for investments that will improve productivity and competitiveness, and help them adapt to market changes resulting from the Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA). The program will provide non-repayable contributions to support projects through:
- Capital Investment in equipment and infrastructure
- Access to Expertise to engage private sector technical, managerial, and business expertise
The Fund will also allow an applicant to request access to Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada scientist(s), at an Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada Research and Development Centre, in order to conduct collaborative research on a project relating to improving an existing product, practice, process, and/or technology.
Up to $10 Million in total grant value, per year.
- 50% coverage on the first $2 Million of eligible expenditures
- 25% coverage on eligible expenditures over $2 Million
Application deadline is March 31, 2021.
- For-profit organizations, including co-operatives, which are small and medium cheese makers
- For-profit organizations, including large cheese makers and all other organizations involved in processing dairy products in Canada whose projects have benefits that accrue broadly, namely:
- the application of technologies to make use of surplus skim milk (for example, a project to purchase and install new milk drying equipment); or
- increasing the facility’s capacity to use milk or milk components by 1.6% (rate established based on the expected impact from CETA) above the market forecast growth, through expansion or new product development
- Not-for-profit organizations involved in or representing the dairy processing sector in Canada
Note: Not-for-profit organizations operating dairy processing facilities which manufacture dairy products for commercial sale may apply for capital assistance related to those operations. All other not-for-profit organizations are only eligible for Access to Expertise projects
Only projects related to dairy processing will be considered as eligible under the Fund.
For Capital Investment projects:
- Construction, expansion and/or modernization of dairy processing establishments in Canada
- Improving manufacturing technologies and processes, or the introduction of new or improved products
- Engagement of external consultants/expertise related to the implementation, certification or validation of plant improvements
For Access to Expertise projects:
- Business improvement and market development, such as: analyzing current business processes; identifying best practices; planning/proposing strategies and investments; production problem solving; near to market product development; and, facilitating knowledge transfer
- Collaborative research with AAFC relating to improving existing products, practices, processes, and/or technology