Fairtax is an industry leader in obtaining government funding in Canada. Our dedicated team of Funding Specialists understands the intricacies of government grant and incentive programs, optimally positioning your organization to secure government funding. We cut through the confusion, uncovering the specific financial resources that allow you to focus on growing through innovation, training employees, and taking your operations to the next level.
Canada-Manitoba Job Grant
The Canada-Manitoba Job Grant (CMJG) provides direct financial support for employers wishing to invest in their workforce through third-party training. Within the CMJG, employers choose the training provider, the individuals they would like to have trained, and the type of training that meets their workforce’s development needs.
Up to 66% of eligible training costs to a maximum $10,000 per trainee
Program is currently closed. Check back spring 2019.
Participating employers must have a job available for the trainee upon successful completion of the training. For existing employees, the purpose of training should be to upgrade their skills so they may move up to a better job or meet employer needs in the workplace.
Employers that receive funding under the Canada-Manitoba Job Grant must contribute a minimum one-third of the eligible training costs. Small businesses (50 employees or less), or employers that train unemployed individuals may be eligible for additional funding support.
Candidates for training include individuals who are:
- Unemployed and seeking training to get a job
- Working, but underemployed and seeking training to get a better job
- Employed, but looking to train for a better job
- Employed, but seeking training to enhance their skills in an existing job
Training participants must be individuals working in Manitoba who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents. Training of temporary foreign workers is not eligible.
- Tuition fees or fees charged by a training provider
- Mandatory student fees
- Textbooks, software and other required materials
- Examination fees
- Travel costs for individuals residing in northern and remote communities to attend training events in Manitoba delivered outside their communities or unavailable online
Training can be delivered at the workplace, online or in a classroom or training facility and must be provided by an approved third-party trainer. This could include:
- post-secondary institutions
- private vocational institutions
- sector councils or industry associations
- union halls