Senior Funding Specialist
Fairtax Grants & Incentives leads the industry in securing government funding used to grow organizations of all sizes across an ever-expanding range of industries. In Canada, Fairtax has visibility into thousands of government grant and incentive programs that represent over $14B of available funds. Through a strategic client-centric approach combined with the use of our industry exclusive GrantMatch™ Platform, the Fairtax team assists Canadian companies to identify, qualify and secure the maximum amount of funding available to them. As a result of the rapid expansion of the Canadian practice, Fairtax is seeking a qualified team member to support our growth strategy.
The Fairtax Grants & Incentives team is excited to announce that we are currently seeking a Senior Funding Specialist to join us at our Oakville office.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Client Management – Work with assigned clients to identify, apply, and carry out projects under a variety of government funding programs
- Proposal Development – Lead the development of business cases, budgets, profitability analysis, and any other required supporting documentation to create a strong grant proposal
- Communication with Funding Program Representatives – Develop rapport with funding program representatives to facilitate the application process
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Highly proficient communication skills to effectively communicate with clients, colleagues and government program representatives
- Demonstrate strong research skills (research and interpret government funding programs)
- Identify strategic opportunities (ability to match business projects to the best government funding programs)
- 3- 5 years of experience managing B2B client portfolios (i.e. banking, financial services, )
- Experience within the for-profit grant writing industry with demonstrated success would be an asset
- Experience working within government funding programs, such as Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG) and Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP) would be an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 applications and CRM software
- Preference will be given to applicants with a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Economics or Business Administration
- The successful candidate will be a strong communicator with well-developed business acumen
- Medical and Dental benefits after successful completion of probationary period
The successful candidate will report directly to the Managing Partner of the Grants & Incentives division.
If you have excellent business acumen and communication skills, and want to be part of a dynamic team, we want to hear from you! Please visit our website www.fairtax.ca to learn more about our company before applying.
Please send a resume and cover letter via email to Melissa Lodge Rodney at email@example.com no later than December 30, 2018 at 4:00 pm.