Junior Software Developer (Student Co-op)
Fairtax is a well-established National Financial Services firm with more than 20 years of history. In Canada, Fairtax has visibility into thousands of government grants and incentive programs that represent over $14B of available funds. Through a strategic client-centric approach, Fairtax assists Canadian companies to identify, qualify and secure the maximum amount of funds available to them. Fairtax has been recognized on numerous occasions for outstanding innovation and advancement in our field.
- We’re on the cutting edge of technology- In 2018 Fairtax launched GrantMatch™, an application to help organizations design and manage their funding strategy.
- Our employees love us – take a look at our company page to see what it’s like to work for us!
- We offer a great mentoring program for our co-op students with experienced executives.
We are currently seeking a full-time student co-op Junior Software Developer to join us to work at our Oakville location. You will be working in all aspects of the software development cycle.
What you will bring:
- Analytical thinking: design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Write clear, concise, elegant, and well-tested Python code
- Ability to work independently and as part of a wider team
- Experience with Postgres, MySQL, or similar database technology
- Experience using Git and GitHub.
- Knowledge of Heroku and/or Linux
- A love of Emojis and GIF’s.
What we offer:
- We hire top talent, but the learning doesn’t stop once you’re in the door. We believe in work-life balance. We champion continuous professional and personal development with ongoing learning opportunities and dedicated investment in each employee.
- A wonderful location! Oakville earns top marks for the best place in Ontario to work and play.
- Must be currently enrolled in a 2nd or 3rd year BSc/BA Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering program or a related technical field.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Senior Software Developer.
If you have excellent software development skills and want to be part of a dynamic team, we want to hear from you! Please visit our website www.fairtax.ca to learn more about our company before applying.
Please send a CV and cover letter via email to Human Resources Manager, Melissa Lodge Rodney at email@example.com no later than November 15, 2018.