New Grant Fund Covers 50% of Costs Per-Project up to $5 Million in Alberta
Food, Farming & Forestry Challenge Program
Emissions Reduction Alberta’s new $40 Million Food, Farming, and Forestry Challenge is now accepting applications. This funding opportunity will accelerate innovation in support of long-term competitiveness and stimulate growth in the critically important agriculture, agri-food, fibre, and forestry sectors.
- This program is offered to a wide range of business applicants, including farmers and ranchers, innovators, technology developers, Indigenous communities, industry /industrial associations, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), research and development (R&D) organizations, universities, municipalities, not-for-profit organizations, government research labs, and individuals
- Applicants are not required to be located in Alberta, but all applicants must demonstrate a clear value proposition for the province
The program is seeking innovative solutions for GHG emissions mitigation, abatement, and sequestration across Alberta’s food, farming, and forestry industries. Examples of potential areas of interest for this program include but are not limited to:
- Land use changes for GHG mitigation and sequestration, including innovation relating to soil carbon content, soil health, water use, etc.
- Quantification and measurement techniques for productivity improvement, enhanced sustainability & biodiversity, and/or GHG monitoring as a critical enabler for GHG reductions
- Advanced genetics and omics for crops and livestock
- Solutions for improved nutrient management including novel fertilizers and improved practices
- Novel techniques for tillage, seeding, harvesting etc.
- Advanced cultivation techniques including vertical/containerized farming, hydroponics, and greenhouse technologies
- Digitization and automation for enhanced production and resource management
ERA will fund up to $5 Million per project and up to 50% of total project costs. ERA may consider reducing this requirement for projects where strong justification is provided.
The deadline for submission of EOIs in response to this Call is Thursday, August 27, 2020 at 5:00 PM (UTC-6h).
Follow the link below to get started on a high quality application for your business.
The Ontario Automotive Modernization Program (O-AMP) is Now Open Program Overview The Ontario Automotive Modernization Program is a partnership with small- and medium-sized automotive parts suppliers in Ontario. The goal is to [...]
The Connecting Links Program is Now Open Program Overview Connecting links are municipal roads that connect two ends of a provincial highway through a community or to an international or interprovincial border [...]
The Finance Minister Has Published a List of Proposed Changes to the CEWS Program The Finance Minister Has Published a List of Proposed Changes to the CEWS Program The Canada Emergency Wage [...]